Venue: The Garden Room at 136 Banbury Road, Stratford-upon-Avon, CV37 7HU)
Dates: Please click on Book a Workshop on the top menu bar for bookable dates.
Suggested Level: Intermediate (or at least Improver) and ideally has already attended the Piped Cushion with Hidden Zip Workshop. Must have prior experience of using a sewing machine.
Times: Full Day, 9.15am – 4pm.
It is often easier to have a chat about your level/expectations and to organise times so please contact Sarah on 07735 503824.
In this workshop you will learn how to:
- accurately measure, cut and sew together a box cushion cover with handmade piping
- construct and attach matching or contrasting piping
- insert a hidden zip in the back panel of your cushion
Included in this workshop is:
- a zip (in neutral beige colour)
- detailed notes to take home
- sample foam cushion pad and wadding for your sample cushion
- use of brand new digital Janome sewing machine
- use of all measuring rulers, marking pens, scissors etc
- access to full selection of haberdashery to order
What you will need to bring:
- enough fabric for the top, bottom and sides of your cushion (at least 35 x 35cm for the top and bottom and the side panel strips should be at least 6cm deep). Please not velvet or linen.
- another piece of fabric (can be the same or a contrast, measuring at least 50 x 70cm) which will be used to make the piping. Really thick or thickly woven fabric is not suitable for piping and please bear in mind that the back of the cushion will be a neutral cream colour)
- thread to match the main and piping fabric
- your own packed lunch and drinks in a flask if you are coming for the day
- a well-fitting face mask to be worn throughout the day