Venue: The Garden Room at 136 Banbury Road, Stratford-upon-Avon, CV37 7HU)
Dates: Please click Book a Workshop on the top menu bar for bookable dates.
Suggested Level: Elementary +. Must have prior experience of using a sewing machine.
It is often easier to have a chat about your level/expectations and to organise times so please contact Sarah on 07735 503824.
In this workshop you will learn how to:
- accurately measure, cut and sew together a cushion cover with handmade piping
- construct and attach matching or contrasting piping
- insert a hidden zip in the back of your cushion
Included in this workshop is:
- fabric for the back of your cushion and matching zip (in neutral cream colour)
- thread for sewing the cream fabric
- detailed notes to take home
- feather cushion pad measuring 38 x 38cm – microfibre can be requested instead
- use of brand new digital Janome sewing machine
- use of all measuring rulers, marking pens, scissors etc
- access to full selection of haberdashery to order
What you will need to bring:
- a piece of fabric for the front of your cushion (at least 70cm x 70cm). Please not velvet or linen.
- another piece of fabric (can be the same or a contrast, measuring at least 50 x 70cm) which will be used to make the piping. Really thick or thickly woven fabric is not suitable for piping and please bear in mind that the back of the cushion will be a neutral cream colour)
- thread to match the main and piping fabric