Venue: The Garden Room at 136 Banbury Road, Stratford-upon-Avon, CV37 7HU
Suggested Level: Elementary +
Dates: For latest new dates in 2021 and online booking, please click above on Book A Workshop on the top menu bar.
Cost: £85 (this is for a full day and includes everything you need to make a sample blind)
Times: 9.15am – 4pm. For any other dates please contact Sarah on 07735 503824 and I will be happy to discuss.
In this workshop you will learn how to:
- accurately measure and cut fabric for roman blinds
- calculate spacings for blind rod pockets
- apply hand-stitching techniques to give a beautiful finish to your blind
- attach different blind mechanisms
- make your blind conform to current Child Safety Regulations
Included in this workshop is:
- lining fabric, cream thread, rods and velcro
- detailed notes to take home
- use of brand new digital Janome sewing machine for the workshop
- tea, coffee and cake!
- use of measuring rulers, marking pens, scissors, etc
- access to Sewing Café Sessions and full selection of haberdashery for making blinds
What you will need to bring:
- one piece of main fabric to make your sample blind out of (1m x 1m)
- thread to match your main fabric
- your own sewing scissors if you have them and pins
- and please bring your own packed lunch