Venue: The Garden Room at 136 Banbury Road, Stratford-upon-Avon, CV37 7HU
Dates: For current dates, please contact Sarah on 07735 503824
Suggested Level: Elementary +
Times: 9.15am – 4pm. This workshop can also be arranged over two half-days to suit.
Cost: £95 (this is for a full day and includes everything you need to know to create pencil pleat and pinch pleats in a sample curtain).
For any other days, dates or times which would suit you better, do get in touch as I am more than happy to sort out alternative times. Please contact Sarah on 07735 503824.
In this workshop you will learn how to:
- accurately measure, cut and sew together a sample curtain with hand finished pinch pleat heading
- pattern-match when joining fabric
- calculate fabric quantities and spacing for pleats
Included in this workshop is:
- lining fabric and header tape
- thread for sewing the lining fabric
- detailed notes to take home
- use of brand new digital Janome sewing machine
- use of all measuring rulers, marking pens, scissors etc
- access to Sewing Café Sessions and full selection of haberdashery
What you will need to bring:
- two pieces of fabric for your sample curtain with a small repeating pattern so that we can cut it vertically and practise pattern-matching to join it again (at least 100cm x 100cm). Please not velvet or linen.
- thread to match the fabric
- please bring your own packed lunch if staying all day
- please bring your own drinks in a flask or water-bottle